Monday, June 22, 2009

What Happens After I Receive An Order?

In case you are wondering what happens after you purchase an item and how it is shipped.


The first thing that happens, you will receive a convo (that is Etsy’s term for sending a message) from me with a potential shipping date. I will ask for a shipping address confirmation, if I noticed a discrepancy. Then I will reexamine the item you have purchased, to make sure everything is in good order. I will clean the item, if needed. I will make sure earrings have rubber stoppers attached to them.


Standard Packaging


I will wrap your item in layer after layer of tissue paper. This ensures that your item will arrive without bent, tangles or another problem. If the item purchase contains sterling silver, then the wrapped item is placed in a ziplock jewelry bag with few anti tarnish strips. I suggest you store your item in the bag and the strips as well. If I am shipping outside of the US, all items are placed in a ziplock jewelry bag.

The item is placed in a cotton filled white, gold or silver gift box along with velvet or a silk jewelry pouch.


The box is secured and decorated with a silver or gold stretch ribbon.



A hand written note and a packing slip is placed with the box. Everything is placed in a bubble wrapper. For domestic shipments, everything is placed in a Manila envelope. For outside US shipments everything is placed inside a Bubble cushioned envelope for extra protectionThe seams of the envelope are secured with packaging tape.


The package is mailed, first class, insured with delivery confirmation.


Free Jewelry Box upgrade for:


All Bracelets over $70 are shipped in a gorgeous black or white bracelet case lined with matching color satin and velvet. Since the case provides plenty of protection against tangles, I may skip wrapping the bracelet in tissue paper.



All pearl and necklaces $100 dollars or more are shipped either in a leather necklace folders with satin interiors and snap closure or a deluxe leatherette necklace box with gold trim.





Please note that due to the availability of supplies, the box color may vary from the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment