ACEO Cards Gifts for the Art Lover

Today, I was exploring the Art Category on Etsy (as promised before) and looking for gifts for under $50 for those art lovers. The first thing under the ART category is ACEO. I am embarrassed to say, I did not know what an ACEO was until I wrote this post. Like sports trading cards, these are the art lover’s trading cards. Learn something new every day. It stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals". These cards have one main rule - they are 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches - the size of a trading card so they can be traded!

These cards are also sold either as originals or editions. Make sure you know which you are buying! If it is a print it should say so, and it should be numbered (for limited editions) and signed, usually on the back. They are available in different mediums and of different subjects. Watercolor, Oil, Acrylic, Colored Pencil, Pastels, Photography, Pen and Ink, Sketching, Collage - Abstract, Surrealism, Outsider Art, Impressionism, Expressionism.

They make great stocking stuffers or buy a bunch to get an art lover hooked on them. Here are some that I really liked on Etsy.

I am going to start with the original painting watercolor category first, since that is my favorite.

Bright Poppies - ACEO - Original

This card reminds me of my own poppy patch in my garden. 

Created by DreamON Original Paintings and Prints by Mary Hamilton for $10.

Stargazer - ACEO digital photograph

Created by Firedance Photography for $3.

Max and the Hippopotamus ACEO Limited Edition Print SFA

This reminds me of the Christmas song 'I want a hippopotamus for Christams"

Created by Fancy K Studio of Calligraphy and Fine Art for $ 3.00

3 Birds (ACEO print)

Light painting Created by Lux Art for $5.


Endless Sky - original ACEO photo by ctheflAme - limited edition

Created by Lady Hawthorne's Canterbury Cottage Arts for $5.

KOKESHI DOLL ACEO ART CARD Japanese Folk Art BABY PRINT Cute SIGNED Wendy Presseisen DOVES

Created by Wendy Presseisen Folk Art at PopArtCafe
for $ 4.50.

MUDDY WATERS (Hero Series) ACEO

Created by GALLERY 385 for $ $2.

A Home In The Sea - ACEO Mini Print

Created by Mandalas, Cards, Prints & Paintings by Lindy Longhurst for $4.
Tree with Red Sky and Moon -Original Watercolor Painting/Drawing ACEO

Created by Jen O'Connell Paintings and Original Artwork for $15
FREE SHIPPING...Just Picked Fleurs...Mini Canvas by Shann Spishak...GREAT GIFT IDEA

Created by Shann Spishak for $15.


As much as I like to keep posting, I think I'd better stop now.  I am definitely getting some of these cards for my family.  Click here to see the rest.

Comments

  1. Thank you for your .02 cents! What a lovely surprise to happen to find! Very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it and thank you for visting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment