What to do with Small Amounts of Your Havest?

I have a small suburban backyard with a small vegetable garden. This means, when I harvest my vegetables, I only get a handful of beans, peas, okra, maybe one or two eggplants, zucchini and yellow squash. Most receipts ask for a pound of this and a pound of that. In the past I would try to save my small amounts of harvest until I had enough for one recipe, but that didn't always work as well, the produce just didn't stay fresh long enough. Until now, my husband is the cook in our house, and he discovered this soup recipe that is just perfect for our harvest. I am not a fan of soup, but I liked this one (even in the summer). If you have a small garden, next time you have a little bit of this and a little bit of that, try this recipe, you will not be disappointed.

The recipe is called Pistou and is from the 'Soup superb ways with a classic dish'. We used up our harvest from the day; my husband added his own touch of parsley, thyme, oregano and okra to the recipe. It was even good the second day. I think the fresh vegetables is what made this soup soooooo good.

I am glad that I didn't give up on growing beans and peas and okra this year.

Comments